دکتری (مهندسی صنایع، مدیریت عملیاتی) در Koç University ترکیه
PhD in Industrial Engineering and Operations Management
Profitable design and operation of modern industrial systems requires integration of human, material, equipment and financial resources. In recent years this integration has become tighter due to the inclusion of information technology, and resulted in more complex systems. Industrial Engineering research focuses on quantitative analysis, synthesis and management of such complex systems. The affiliated faculty members come from the Industrial Engineering department of the College of Engineering, the Operations and Information Systems group of the College of Administrative Sciences and Economics, and other related fields. The program is built on the basic methodologies of operations research and their applications in manufacturing, distribution and service industries. Program information available on:
Research areas of the PhD program
· Supply Chain Management
· Production Systems
· Service Operations
· Optimization Theory and Algorithms
· Stochastic Processes
· Financial Engineering
· Data Mining
· Revenue Management
PhD program faculty members
Assoc. Prof. Yalçın AKÇAY (PhD Pennsylvania State University): Revenue Management, Dynamic Pricing, Inventory Management, Retail Operations Management, Stochastic Modeling of Service and Manufacturing Systems. Assoc. Prof. Deniz AKSEN (PhD Purdue University): Routing Applications, Distribution and Collection Logistics, Facility Interdiction and Protection, Heuristic Optimization. Prof. Zeynep AKŞIN (PhD University of Pennsylvania): Service Operations Management, Call Center Design and Management Problems, Stochastic Modeling. Assoc. Prof. Özden Gür ALİ (PhD Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute): Data Mining and Business Analytics in Retail, Banking and Healthcare. Customer Behavior Prediction and Forecasting of Large Multi-stream Data. Asst. Prof. Pelin G. CANBOLAT (PhD Stanford University): Stochastic Decision Models, Dynamic Programming, Game Theory, Risk Analysis. Asst. Prof. Mehmet GÖNEN (PhD Boğaziçi University): Machine Learning, Computational Biology. Assoc. Prof. Evrim Didem GÜNEŞ (PhD INSEAD): Service Systems Modeling with Applications in Call Centers and Health Care Services, Incentive Problems in Service Systems, Behavioral Operations Management Prof. Selçuk KARABATI (PhD University of Texas Austin): Design and Operational Problems in Flow lines; Retail Operations Management; Supply Chain Management; Auction Mechanisms for Capacity Allocation. Prof. Fikri KARAESMEN (PhD Northeastern University): Design and Analysis of Supply Chain and Service Systems using Stochastic Models. Prof. Gürhan KÖK (PhD University of Pennsylvania): Retail operations, Data-driven Decision Making, E-commerce and Online Retailing, Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management, Marketing-Operations Interface. Prof. Ceyda OĞUZ (PhD Bilkent University): Bioinformatics, Design of Algorithms and Metaheuristics, Logistics, Production Planning and Scheduling. Assoc. Prof. Lerzan ÖRMECİ (PhD Case Western Reserve University): Application of Markov decision processes on real systems such as call centers, supply chains and marketing applications, Analysis of telecommunication sytems using queueing theory, Statistical analysis and estimation of random processes Prof. Süleyman ÖZEKİCİ (PhD Northwestern University): Stochastic Models and Processes, Financial Engineering, Reliability and Risk Management, Inventory Management, Portfolio Optimization. Asst. Prof. Gabor RUDOLF (PhD Rutgers University): Stochastic Optimization, Risk Measures, Optimization Methods in Statistics, Combinatorial Algorithms. Assoc. Prof. Sibel SALMAN (PhD Carnegie Mellon University): Network Models and Optimization in Logistics and Humanitarian Operations, Combinatorial Optimization, Design and Analysis of Algorithms. Prof. Serpil SAYIN (PhD University of Florida): Multiple Criteria Decision Making, Mathematical Programming, Global Optimization, Decision Support Systems. Prof. Barış TAN (PhD University of Florida): Stochastic Modeling of Operations, Cooperation in Supply Chains, Optimization under Uncertainty, Analytical and Numerical Modeling Techniques. Prof. Metin TÜRKAY (PhD Carnegie Mellon University): Structure-based drug discovery and design, data analytics, bioinformatics, discrete-continuous optimization Prof. Emre Alper YILDIRIM (PhD Cornell University): Mathematical Optimization, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Applied Optimization.
· ۳ Recommendation Letters
· TOEFL iBT (minimum 80) or ELTS (minimum 6,5) exam scores
· GRE exam scores – no minimum score is specified but this requirement can’t be waived
· Statement of Purpose
PhD and MSc with thesis programs admit all students (Turkish and International) with full scholarships that include:
· Full tuition waiver
· Monthly stipend
· Free accomodation
· Private health insurance
· Meal Card (for PhD students only)
· Travel awards to attend scientific events
How to apply
۱٫ Identify and contact a possible supervisor from the program’s faculty members expressing your interest and relevant skills and interests
۲٫ Complete the online application form before the application deadline:
۳٫ If you are shortlisted you will be contacted to schedule a phone or Skype interview
The program admits students for Fall and Spring terms each year. Check the Graduate School website for more information about application deadlines:
About Koç University
Koç University in Istanbul, Turkey is pleased to embrace students who have successfully acquired a bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a masters or doctorate degree in their area of interest. Koç University is the meeting point for the graduate student who wants to improve himself or herself in their graduate fields or who is ambitious and enthusiastic about scientific knowledge and wants to set sail for new horizons in other fields they are interested in. At Koç University, education is not limited to the campus, but integrated with the whole business world. Our programs are designed to connect academia and the business community, to prepare the graduate students to be socially responsible global leaders and provide them with various career opportunities.
Why study a graduate program at Koç University?
Academic and Research excellence
· ۴۸۰ world-renowned faculty
· ۱۶ Research Centers, 3 Research and Education Forums and 112 Research Laboratories
· World-renowned scholars are frequently invited for seminars and workshops. See some recent examples here
· Citation impact 40% above the world average (SCOPUS FWCT 1,40)
· ۸ European Research Council (ERC) grants at Koç University, the highest number in Turkey for these highly competitive research grants.
· Accredited programs in Turkey, Europe and the United States
· ۱۰,۴۸۵ strong alumni community in Turkey and around the world
· Majority of PhD and Master graduates received job offers before graduation or within 3 months after graduation in top ranked universities in the US and Europe
An international and lively campus experience
· All programs are taught in English (except Nursing program and some courses in Law)
· ۲۵% of graduate students are international and coming from over 50 countries.
· Over 200 global partners for graduate exchange opportunities
Full support for international graduate students
· For admitted doctorate students who want to further improve their English language skills while continuing their research, GLP (Graduate Language Program) provides English training starting from their first year.
· Full visa and immigration support offered by the International Community Office (ICO) as well as social and language integration activities
· Research, teaching and career skills development programs and activities offered by specialised support teams.
· ۸th in the Times Higher Education Best Small Universities Rankings 2016
· ۱۳th in the Times Higher Education BRICS & Emerging Economies Rankings 2016
· ۳۶th in the Times Higher Education 100 Under 50 Ranking 2016
Check our website:
Information for international applicants: