The Islamic Development Bank established the IDB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development in 2006 to draw international attention to the vital role women play in developing their communities and the world.
The Prize aims to RECOGNIZE, ENCOURAGE, INSPIRE and REWARD women’s participation in the socio-economic development process.
It aims to:
- the important role of women in IDB member countries and Muslim communities globally
- contributions made by individuals or organizations to improve the socio-economic status of women in IDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries
- efforts to improve women’s access to opportunities and resources to help them become active participants in developing their economy and society
- individuals and organizations that offer grants and resources to work towards promoting women’s leadership, engagement and contribution to the socioeconomic development process
- women by promoting exemplary role models
- individuals and organizations to initiate and actively engage in all projects aimed at developing women and building their capacities
- individuals and organizations that are committed to improving the well-being and status of women locally, nationally, and globally
- actions that reinforce and strengthen the role of women as essential contributors to society as well as effective agents of change and development
|How to Apply|
|BROCHURE||Arabic – English – French|
|Deadline for Nominations is 30 November 2016|
The Prize consists of two cash awards;
a) U.S. $ 50,000 for a woman or a group of women
b) U.S. $ 100,000 for an organization
The Prize is awarded during the Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors.
The general criteria applied in selecting and assessing nominations for the Prize for both individuals and organizations include the following:
Individuals and organizations nominated should exhibit projects that have contributed to the improvement of the socio-economic status and well being of society.
Individuals and organizations nominated should have projects/activities that are outstanding, innovative and unique
Individuals and organizations nominated should have mechanisms for expanding their projects/activities to surrounding areas to ensure their services are offered to as many beneficiaries as possible.
Individuals and organizations nominated should have projects/activities that are sustainable
The Prize is administered by the IDB through the Capacity Development Department in consultation with the IDB Women’s Advisory Panel and in collaboration with its academic advisor, Effat University. The processing of the Prize involves the following steps:
- The IDB in consultation with the IDB Women’s Advisory Panel determine the yearly theme for the Prize.
- . The IDB refines the theme and topics, establishes the specific criteria of selection and develops the nomination forms.
- The IDB publicizes the Prize and receives nominations.
- An independent screening committee is established by the academic advisor to short list nominations.
- An independent Selection Committee is established by the IDB to select winners of the Prize from the short listed candidates.
- The winners are announced during the Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors.Selection Committee
The Selection Committee is composed of five distinguished women. Members are annually chosen and selected based on their extensive experience in the field of the related theme and topics. The committee is comprised of members from the IDB Women’s Advisory Panel and subject specialist.
Since its inception in 1427H (2006 ), the Prize has been awarded to 36 winners ( individuals and organizations) . Please click on the links below for information on previous laureates.
Prize Winners of Eleventh Edition (1437H-2016G)
Prize Winners of Tenth Edition (1436H-2015G)
Prize Winners of Ninth Edition (1435H – 2014G)
Prize Winners of Eighth Edition (1434H – 2013G)
Prize Winners of Seventh Edition (1433H – 2012G)
Prize Winners of Sixth Edition (1432H – 2011G)
Prize Winners of Fifth Edition (1431H – 2010G)
Prize Winners of Fourth Edition (1430H – 2009G)
Prize Winners of Third Edition (1429H – 2008G)
Prize Winners of Second Edition (1428H – 2007G)
Prize Winners of First Edition (1427H – 2006G)
Deadline for Nominations: 30 November, 2016
To Nominate or Request Information, Please Contact;
Capacity Development Department
Islamic Development Bank
P.O. Box 5925 Jeddah 21432
Tel: +966 12 646-6787/6722
Fax: +966 12 646-7828
Or alternately care of one of the following IDB Regional/Gateway Offices:
IDB Regional Office in Rabat
IDB Regional Office in Kuala Lumpur
IDB Regional Office in Almaty
IDB Regional Office in Dakar, Senegal
IDB Group Gateway Office, Turkey
IDB Group Gateway Office, Indonesia
Announcement of the Prize Winners
Prize Winners will also be announced through the following channels:
- Members of the IDB Board of Governors.
- Members of the IDB Board of Executive Directors.
- NGOs & Women’s Organizations that are partners of the IDB.
- International and IDB member countries’ media.
- The IDB Women Advisory Panel Members.
- IDB Website.
Prizes will be awarded during the 42nd Board of IDB Governors Meeting scheduled to take place in 1438H ( 2017G)
- یزدان مهر: دانشجویان نگران دریافت وام ویژه دکتری نباشند
- ایجاد سه رشته جدید دکترا در علوم پزشکی شیراز
- کاهش سنوات دوره دکتری طبق آییننامه جدید
- دانشگاه های ما در کارشناسی ارشد و دکترا ضعف های جدی دارند
- تاریخ مصاحبه ۷۲ رشته دوره بدون آزمون دانشگاه آزاد
- ظرفیت بورس خارج در دکتری اعلام شد/ «پژوهش هنر» رکورددار بورس
- جامعه المصطفی در دوره دکتری پذیرش میکند
- آغاز ثبت نام آزمون دکتری از ساعت ۱۴ امروز