بورسیه لیسانس مخصوص شهروندان افغانستان در قرقیزستان
۲۰۱۷ AFGHAN STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
March ۲۴, ۲۰۱۷
۲۰۱۷ AFGHAN STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
U.S. Embassy Kabul Scholarship to the American University of Central Asia (AUCA)
American University of Central Asia is accepting applications for the Afghan Students Scholarship Program, funded by the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, and administered by American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS. The scholarship will cover roundtrip travel from home to host university once per academic year, tuition, basic medical care, housing and meal stipend of students during all four years of undergraduate study in AUCA, and a one-year preparatory program at the New Generation Academy (NGA).
How to apply (STEPS)
- Click here to download the application
- Read the instructions and fill out the application
- Email the following documents to ۲۰۱۷٫firstname.lastname@example.org by April 25, 2017.
- Completed application
- Scanned copy of School Diploma or Shahadatnama (please make sure to scan both sides)
Your application will NOT be accepted if you fail to submit your application before the given deadline.
The “Subject” line of your email should follow the format below:
Your Last Name__Your First Name__Your Current Location: City & Province
Who are eligible?
- High school graduates
- College freshmen or students who are currently in the first year of their undergraduate study
Who are NOT eligible?
- High school students who have not graduated yet
- College graduates or students who are currently in the second year of college and beyond
- Current and past recipients of the U.S. Embassy funded scholarships are ineligible to apply. If you are a current/past U.S. Embassy AUAF scholar or PROMOTE scholar, you are ineligible for the Afghan Students Scholarship Program at AUCA.
- Current employees of AUCA or the U.S. Embassy are ineligible
Frequenlty asked questions
Are there certain floors specifically for women? How is security for women? (#1 Question from parents) Female students can request to live on the floor, specifically designated for women. The dormitory is protected by several 24/7 security guards, and video cameras on each floor. Resident Assistants reside on each living floor and help students with unexpected issues. In general, security for women in at the dorm is not an issue, but all dormitory residents must return to the dormitory before midnight, 00:00. Residing in the Dormitory for the first academic year is a requirement for the students on this scholarship program.
How much? Do girls eat in cafeterias or are they on their own? Stipends are $۲۰۰ per month, and students are responsible for buying their own food, which they can do at AUCA Cafeteria for all 3 meals. Residents can also use the cooking area at the dormitory to prepare their own meals, and there is a refrigerator on each floor in which they can keep their food.
What does it cover? How long does it take? The paper based exam will last 90 minutes and consists of multiple choice, reading, grammar, and writing sections. Semi-finalists will also go through a 10 to 20-minute individualized interview session which will be conducted by American Councils’ staff members.
Candidates are applying for a 5-year scholarship with 1 year preparatory program. American Councils, in close coordination with the AUCA, will do the initial screening of applications to identify top 100 qualified applicants. Candidates, who make it through the evaluation process, will be contacted by phone and/or email and will be given specific information about the date, time and location of the initial test and preliminary interview. American Councils will conduct the initial test and preliminary interviews based on the following plan:
- Candidates from the Northern region will be invited to and tested in Balkh;
- Candidates from the Eastern region will be invited to and tested in Nangarhar;
- Candidates from the Western region will be invited to and tested in Hirat;
- Candidates from the Southern region will be invited to and tested in Kandahar; and
- Candidates from the Central region will be invited to and tested in Bamyan and Kabul.
The initial test and interview papers will then be mailed to AUCA in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan for identifying semifinalists. Semifinalists will go through a final interview round which will be administered by AUCA and/or the U.S. Embassy in Kabul. It is important to note that this year there are ۲۰ slots (۱۵ out of 20 students will be females, and remaining 5 will be USG program alumni either female or male, i.e. only the 5 alumni slots can be considered for males, but can also be offered to females as well). Candidates who pass the interview will be admitted to the 1-year preparatory program. It is important to highlight that American Councils does not have any say in the final selection and the decision is made by AUCA and the U.S. Embassy.