- Fabrication of single- and multi-phase oxide nanostructures by controlled anodization and thermal oxidation of Ti and W thin films, W/Ti bilayers and Ti/W nanomultilayered templates, prepared by physical vapour deposition techniques.
- Determination of the microstructure-property relationships of fabricated hetero-oxide nanostructures by application of a broad range of analytical techniques (e.g. XRD, XPS, AFM, AES, HR-SEM, HR-TEM, DSC, AFM, EIS; in close-collaboration with other lab experts)
- Cutting-edge experimental investigations of the phase stability, defect structure and electronic properties of fabricated single- and multi-phase oxide nanostructures as a function of e.g. the bilayer thickness, the growth conditions and the environmental operating conditions (e.g. humidity, water, aggressive surface contaminants), while accounting for the crucial roles of the internal interfaces
- Active participation in other running research projects with academia and industry in the field of functional oxides
- PhD degree in Materials Science, Experimental Physics or Physical Chemistry with a strong research record on functional oxides and/or nanostructured materials
- Expert scientific know-how on oxide nucleation and growth
- Well-developed experimental skills in the microstructural characterization of nanostructured materials and/or the (electronic) properties of functional oxides (by e.g. SEM, AFM, XRD, XPS, EIS, TEM)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in highly-interdisciplinary research teams
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) is mandatory; knowledge of German would be an Advantage
You complement our highly multidisciplinary research team of material scientists, chemists, physicists, metallurgists and mechanical engineers todrive innovations in functional oxide materials in close-collaboration with our trusted partners from industry and academia.
The position is available from January 2017 or upon agreement with initial contract duration of 2 years (with a possibility for extension up to 5 years).
Additional information can be obtained from Dr. Claudia Cancellieri, firstname.lastname@example.org.