بورسیه دکتری در رشته های مکانیک، برق، الکترونیک، مخابرات در نروژ ۲۰۱۷
The University of Agder (UiA) invites applications for a full-time, fixed-term position as PhD Research Fellow in Mechatronics for a period of three years, at
the Department of Engineering Sciences, Faculty of Engineering and Science. The position is located in Grimstad, Norway. The starting date is negotiable but should be not later than 1st April 2018.
The Department of Engineering Sciences has more than 100 employees in scientific positions and more than 1500 students at all levels. The research is conducted within three main fields – Renewable Energy, Mechatronics, and Construction, Plan and Design, while this position is associated with Mechatronics Section. The PhD project is with focus on robust estimation and compensation of disturbances in highly dynamic mechatronic systems and directly linked to the H2020-MSCA-RISE project Clover.
Research work and context
The Clover project is based on the R&D and training in three interfacing topics: “mechatronic chassis systems of electric vehicles”, “mechatronic-based grid interconnection circuitry”, and “offshore mechatronics for renewable and clean energy production”. The multidisciplinary character of the Clover project aims at providing synergies from different competencies and close intersectional collaboration between the project partners with their specific expertise and research focus.
The PhD Research Fellow contribution to the Clover project at UiA will focus on the development of case studies with demonstrators in the fields of (i) motion control and actuator systems for offshore mechatronics, (ii) energy harvesting in mechatronic chassis systems, both in collaboration with the project partners. The project tasks include, but are not limited to, dynamic systems modeling, HW and SW co-design, detection and estimation algorithms, control design, implementations, application scenarios tests, and others. It is expected that the candidate undertakes significant development work in the Mechatronics laboratory at UiA, and in the accessible laboratory facilities of Clover partners during the Secondments.
Qualifications and requirements
The applicant should hold a master’s degree either in mechatronics, robotics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or another related field. The position places great demands on the applicant’s capacity for independent goal-oriented work, ability to concentrate and attention to detail. Applicants will be assessed on the basis of academic background and results, and any previous research and development works. Relevant industrial experience, personal suitability, and good teamwork skills will be also taken into account.
The successful candidate must have interest and prior experience in at least two of the following research areas:
- Robust control systems, sliding mode controllers
- Nonlinear system modeling and analysis
- Energy harvesting, smart material sensors and actuators
- Motion control technologies and applications
The following requirements should be met:
- Good programming skills in Matlab/Simulink, C++.
- Experience with DSP control boards like dSpace, microcontrollers, or similar.
- Good grasp for complex dynamical systems design and analysis.
- Experience of participation in applied R&D projects is advantageous.
The applicant must also have personal suitability, proactive attitude, good teamwork skills, scientific ambition, motivation and strong interest in cutting-edge research, good analytical and problem-solving skills, and be flexible and willing to participate in multidisciplinary work carried out within the scope of the Clover project.
The following admission requirements apply to the PhD Programme in Mechatronics (PhD Programme at the Faculty of Engineering and Science, specialisation in Mechatronics/ renewable energy) at UiA:
- The average grade for courses included in the bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) must be C (or equivalent) or higher
- The average grade for courses included in the master’s degree (or equivalent) must be B (or equivalent) or higher
- The master’s thesis (or equivalent) must have a grade B (or equivalent) or higher when the candidate is admitted to the PhD programme
- The successful applicant must have written and spoken English proficiency
- The position places great demands on the applicant’s capacity for independent goal-oriented work, ability to concentrate as well as good communication and team-work skills in cooperation with research colleagues both inside and outside the university.
Regarding the English skills, please check here to see if an English test is required. Possible categories of applicants from particular countries may be exempted. Please note that the English test requirement applies to applicants from most countries according to the list mentioned above. No other tests will be approved, and certifications/statements cannot replace a test.
Applicants from some countries must document their English proficiency through one of the following tests with the stated results or better:
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language with a minimum score of 550 on the Paper-based Test (PBT), or 80 on the Internet based Test (iBT)
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System, with a result of at least 6.0
Please note that the English test requirement applies to applicants from most countries according to the list cited above. No other tests will be approved, and certifications/ statements cannot replace a test.
Further provisions relating to the position as PhD Research Fellow can be found in the “Regulations concerning terms and conditions of employment for the posts of post-doctoral research fellow, research fellow, research assistant and resident”.
Short-listed applicants will be invited for a personal or remote (via Skype) interview. With the applicant’s permission, UiA will also conduct a reference check before appointment, contacting references that will be provided by the applicants.
- Professional development in an exciting and important organization
- Attractive welfare benefits
- Flexible working hours
- A good and inclusive working environment
More about working at UiA.
The position is remunerated according to the State Salary Scale, code 1017 PhD Research Fellow, salary NOK 436 ۹۰۰ gross per year. A 2 % compulsory pension contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund is deducted from the pay according to current statutory Provisions.
The Norwegian public service is committed to reflect the diversity of society, and the personnel policy of the University of Agder aims to achieve a balanced workforce. All qualified persons are therefore encouraged to apply for the position, irrespective of cultural background, gender, age or disability.
Appointment is made by the University of Agder’s Appointments Committee for Teaching and Research Positions. The successful applicant will have rights and obligations in accordance with the current regulations for the public service.
Submit your Application and CV online. Please click on the link “Apply for this job”. The following documentation should be submitted as attachments to the online application:
- Certificates and/or grades for all post-secondary education, up to and including the bachelor’s level
- Master’s degree/higher degree certificate, with a summary of the courses/subjects included in the degree
- Applicants with a foreign higher education must attach an official description of the grading system used at the issuing institution
- Master’s thesis (with a summary of approximately 1-2 pages if the thesis is not in English)
- Applicants who are required to document their English proficiency must submit their TOEFL or IELTS test results (these may be forwarded after the closing date)
- Summary or links to the applicant’s scientific publications (if any).
- Applicants must write a project description (not more than one page) within the specified subject of the PhD.
The applicant is fully responsible for submitting complete documentation. Without complete documentation we cannot, unfortunately, include you in the assessment process. All documentation of education must be in the original language and in English, and the translation should preferably be from the issuing university. Additional documentation must be in English.
Original documents must be presented for verification to the University of Agder together with the copies by the appointed research fellow upon arrival at UiA. Successful candidates will be asked, normally during the interview, to ensure that the issuing university submits documents in a sealed envelope directly to UiA or provide access to their documents online, which allows UiA to verify the authenticity of these electronic documents via a secure website hosted at the issuing university (contact person at UiA will be provided later for certain candidates).
Closing date: 15.11.17.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act §۲۵ (۲), applicants may request that they are not identified in the open list of applicants. The
University, however, reserves the right to publish the name of applicants. Applicants will be advised of the University’s intention to exercise this right.
بورسیه دکتری در رشته های مکانیک، برق، الکترونیک در نروژ