پسادکتری زیست شناسی، بیوشیمی در سوئد
Department of Experimental Medical Science
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 42 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
The increasing prevalence of type 2 diabetes (T2D) in western societies is closely associated to sedentary life-styles, excessive consumption of hyper-caloric food products and obesity. Metabolic imbalances and diabetes impact the central nervous system (CNS). In this context, the initial events contributing to the loss of metabolic control involve derangements of hypothalamic function, and long-term metabolic imbalance contributes to brain dysfunction. Our lab is interested in the prevention of metabolic and functional alterations that occur in the CNS, with particular focus on rescuing the control of energy homeostasis, and on the recovery of cognitive ability.
The “Diabetes and Brain Function” lab is looking for a post-doctoral researcher to investigate the impact of diabetes on cerebral metabolism and function.
The work will be focused on preclinical models of diabetes, and will involve state-of-the-art magnetic resonance (MR) methods to analyse brain metabolism, function and structure. While molecular biology methods are to be implemented in the lab, non-invasive MR experiments will be conducted at the Lund University Bioimaging Center (LBIC). Testing neuroprotective and reparative strategies for improving cerebral function in diabetes is envisaged.
- keep up to date with the literature in the research field
- actively conduct laboratory research and participate in collaboration projects
- supervise undergraduate laboratory projects and experimental work of doctoral students
- seek for external research funding
- prepare scientific publications related to the conducted research
- other duties assigned ad hoc, which may include attending meetings, participate in workshops, and carrying administrative tasks related to the research.
- PhD. in biology, biochemistry or equivalent subject. The PhD degree must not be older than 3 years at the end of the application period
- track record of first author publications
- demonstrated expertise on experimental design, data analysis and statistics;
- motivation and creativity
- ability to circumvent experimental and technical problems, and to work both independently and in a multidisciplinary team
- fluency in English, and excellent writing and communication skills
- post-graduate experience abroad
Experience with magnetic resonance methods is desired.
Terms of employment
This is a qualifying position focused on research, with intention to be an initial career step.
The postdoctoral position is a temporary employment for 2 years, according to the agreement “ Avtal om tidsbegränsad anställning som postdoktor” between Lund University, SACO-S, OFR/S and SEKO.
Applications are to be submitted in English and must include: (1) a motivation letter explaining the applicant’s match to the position, and how the applicant’s research goals are in line with those of the lab; (2) detailed CV; (3) publication list mentioning the applicant’s individual contribution; (4) names and contacts of 3 references.
Type of employment Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type Full time
First day of employment ۲۰۱۷-۱۲-۰۱
Number of positions ۱
Working hours ۱۰۰%
County Skåne län
Reference number PA2017/3277
Joao Duarte, Joao.Duarte@med.lu.se
OFR/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-222 93 62
SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, 046-222 93 64
SEKO: Seko Civil, 046-222 93 66
Last application date ۱۶٫Nov.2017 11:59 PM CET